Tank mixers with high shear bottoms provide highly hygienic solutions for the dispersion, emulsification, homogenization and disintegration of solids in the food processing, cosmetic, pharmaceutical and fine chemical industries. These mixers can be used in open or closed tanks at atmospheric pressure or under pressure/vacuum. The bottom of the tank mixer is designed for applications with high viscosity media and is suitable for use with anchor stirrers.
Parts in contact with the product: AISI 316L
Other st.st. parts: AISI 304
Mechanical seal: C / SiC / EPDM
Gasket: EPDM according to FDA 177.2600
Surface finish: electropolished, Ra ≤ 0.8 µm
The high speed and adjustable tolerances between the rotor and stator result in a high suction potential where the product is pumped and driven to the center of the head. The product is sucked out of the upper part of the head and the rotor pushes it radially. Through the openings in the stator, the product is mechanically sheared and the particles are sheared by the rotor at a speed of 20 m/s. Ultimately, the flow is hydraulically sheared so that the stator moves through the slot at high speed.
Design and Functionality
- High shear, particle size reduced to less than 100 microns.
- Access to mechanical seal from inside the tank.
- Single sanitary mechanical seal.
- Stator can be replaced without disassembling the mixer.
- Circulation is facilitated by the stator geometry being higher than the rotor geometry.
- Easy to clean and disinfect (CIP / SIP).
- Various easily interchangeable head models.
- Slotted heads.
We are professional manufacturers of tank bottom mixer, we specialize in tank equipment for more than 15 years!